Many people believe that women make better parents than men and that is why they have the greater role in raising children in most societies. Others claim that men are just as good as women at parenting.
Write an essay expressing your point of view.
Give reasons for your answers and provide relevant example and experience you might have.
Idea Generation for this IELTS Essay:
Essay Type: Opinion Essay.
Main question of this IELTS Essay:
A. Do women make better parents than men or men are just as good as women at parenting?
Discussion Points: Who can be better parent? Men or Women?
Women are better than men to raise their children:
- Mothers have a closer sensational relationship to their offspring than fathers because of a better bonding between them and their children.
- Women usually spend more time with their children than men because, in many countries, they are usually less engaged in working.
- Genetically women can be socially active and communicate better with their surrounding than the men can.
- As a role of mother, mothers can transfer their experience to their daughters to become perfect mothers in the future.
- Child spends most of the times, it`s childhood with mother and thus mothers have better understanding of their offspring.
- Genetically mothers have better quality in taking care of their children.
Men are better than women to raise their children:
- Men have been more responsible to their family financially, so they can transfer their experience to their children far better than the women can.
- Males’ hormones help better them to be more flexible to difficult situations happening in their real life, and they can transfer their experience to their boys.
- Fathers are usually more serious in punishing of their children than mothers, so they can control better their children to avoid crime.
- In many societies fathers have better educational qualifications and diverse experience. That’s why they can better prepare their children for the future.
- A father makes future of the child financially secure.
- Men’s contribution to a child’s development is found to be more effective when it comes to imbibing discipline.
Men and women have equal role to raise their children:
- A kid needs the affection and caring of both father and mother.
- While mothers take care of their children, fathers work outside to bring the money home.
- They both have qualities that should be learned by their kids.
- In many families, both parents work outside and that’s why the responsibilities of upbringing children should be equally shared.
Sample Essays 01:
When it comes to parenthood, females always had a predominating role to their male counterparts. Some opine that both rub their shoulders as parents. This has been a topic, wrangling over many years. In my opinion, equality being the buzzword of the day, both parents play vital role in raising their child irrespective of genders.
From the time of antiquity, both females and males where parted on their parenthood skills. The custom showcased women sitting back at home looking after children, while men were responsible for earnings. The people at that time believed that females were better in raising children than males. The male domineering society applauded and encouraged such irrational thinking. But now, people are coming out of such yokes of irrational thinking and henceforth a notable change in situation is being witnessed.
In the present day, where equality rules, there is less emphasis on gender differences on parenthood responsibilities. Considering a mediocre family, where both parents work, both share all household duties, there does not even arise a question of not sharing parenthood. An ideal exemplification would be my own case, where my wife and myself share responsibilities when it comes to raising our daughter. We switch duties according to our office schedules and no difference on gender exists ever. This would be the case of mass, where nuclear family prevails, with no room for gender inequality.
To conclude, I would like to mention that parenthood is not weighed on one’s gender rather it is measured on one’s dedication and care. So no matter what gender you belong to, you should be assiduous and provide the best possible environment for your children to blossom. It becomes ideal, when both parents compete out of caring in upbringing their child.
( Written by – Vineeth V. )