You should spend about 40 minutes on this task.
People attend colleges or universities for many different reasons (for example: new experiences, career preparation, increased knowledge etc.). Why do you think people attend colleges or universities?
Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
Write at least 250 words.
Idea Generation for this IELTS Essay:
Essay Type: Opinion Essay (Give reasons).
Main question of this IELTS Essay:
A. Why people attend colleges or universities?
Reasons: Why people attend colleges or universities?
- University degree nowadays is mandatory to apply for a good job.
- To find better job opportunity after graduation and having higher salary.
- This is the most common way of getting education and enhancing knowledge.
- Becoming familiar with the latest technology, including computer, digital systems, or medicine.
- Better social status. After graduation, socially they have higher prestige among their family, friends, or other people.
- More probable to be able to apply and become prosperous a highly qualified graduate abroad.
- To improve their social skills by meeting more educated people.
- To gain training and practical education.
- To learn the values, ideas, knowledge and skills.
- Sometimes promotion and increments are the reasons many professional get enrolled in further studies in universities.
[The above points should be helpful to aid you generating your own ideas and then turning them in to a nicely written IELTS Essay. Add any point you think we have missed in the comment section.]
Sample Answer 01:
One of the foremost facet in the life that must be considered and followed by the people without any doubt is education. For fullfilment of this aspect, people need to attend universities or colleges. Everyone may has a divers attitude and expectation from going to university or college which are mostly expanding their knowledge, making new friends, gaining a degree in a specific major and etc. However, I think that the people attend to universities and colleges because of the following reasons:
Firstly, everybody needs to choose a job for his/her future. In this case, they have to learn how to prepare for their responsibilities and careers. They may attend to some universities by practical courses or others might participate in universities with theoretical courses or even both. For instance, some one who has decided to be a Civil Engineer, he/she must select a university which includes both practical and theoretical courses that he/she could be familiar with the major. After graduation, he/she is fully prepared for his/her career and can take a responsibility in a factory or company.
Secondly, most people not only want to prepare themselves for a career, but also might want to expand their knowledge. Hence, they will attend universities in bachelor degree or even in higher degrees such as master of science and doctor of philasephy. As an example, one of my friends decided to continue his education in Ph.D. program merely owing to the fact that he wanted to expand his knowledge.
Thirdly, most of the people go to the university to know more about their societies. As an example, in the universities, students not only have to study in their majors but also they should participate in some lateral works such as membership in some social groups, doing some activities and etc. the aim of these activities are just that person can gain information about his/her surrounding and society.
As a summary, I think that the people may attend to the colleges and universities because they want to be prepared for their future career. Moreover, they inclined to enhance their knowledge. In addition, they will better know their societies and people they are living with.
Written by hossein021